Monday, March 22, 2010

Adios Barcelona.....






So I get the impression - its time to move on....

Gettin the hang of Barcelona - did a bit of tourism yesterday - getting my Gaudi in. Its been fun - I haven't been to a discotech yet, there's always when I fly out!

Found some new travel partners yesterday - Gabby and Megan - they were about knocking out some sights in a day - so I surfed the wave! We got to see the huge gaudi sagrada familia - was fantastic - its been under construction for forever. Since Gaudi was living!

Robin mentioned Gaudi can easily be spotted as the: "Fraggle Rock looking Buildings" - haha - its about right.

With all las ramblas craziness - the tapas - the gaudi - the architecture - the Spanish culture is quite elegant. I can definitely now discern the difference in Spanish and Latin culture. Barcelona is a beautiful place - its bustling with tourists and yet seems to have a pace about it that is simply relaxed and carefree.

Travelers galore - traveler prices - yet - in modest neighborhoods tapas will run you much less than anywhere near the strip. Spanish people are friendly - very proud and have a great overall general respect about them.

I heard one person say, "Spanish culture is very slow - when people speak to you in the street or you ask them something, they have a few minutes to stop and have a chat."

I can really see that - lackadaisical society - where some people move quickly, but the general overall pace of the people is quite slow. Yet, I wonder how things are done here, I don't see too much industriousness going on - except for maybe on la cathedral or sangrada familia. And yet it reminds me of an all too familiar saying I've heard so many people - work hard now, play later.

With the fabulous and classic European architecture that is spread out throughout Barcelona - it is as if the catalan culture did all its work a very long time ago, and everyone seems to be reaping far now into the future. It is as if the Gaudi masterpiece La Sangrada Familia - is the finishing touch of a long period of development. Now its time to drink sangria and enjoy the fruits of labor of those that built so long ago.

Salude.

Teddy

No comments:

Post a Comment